A branding ecourse
for creative entrepreneurs
WHY WE MADE THIS ECOURSE
Kathleen here. My purpose as a creative entrepreneur is to live what I love, say what I mean, and be who I am 100% in both work and life. When I asked my older sister Tara (and Braid business partner) what her purpose was she said "You know, I just want to feel like a creative expert and get paid well doing it.” Our combined passion, purpose, and honestly pragmatic desires manifested as The Braid Method.
Sticking with the method (and the roadmap it has created for us) has kept us focused,
kept us turning our ideas into action, and kept us attracting
dream clients to our brand
as creative experts who blend who we are into what we do.
The Braid Method is how we do branding and business visioning for each and every one of our one-on-one clients. We’ve decided to take our tried
and true process and put it into one self-guided ECourse + Workbook just for you. It didn’t happen overnight, either – we’ve spent many
years writing, developing, designing, and refining this content just for you.
Regardless of your life/business stage, our visioning and branding method is narrowly (but deeply) focused on creative people who work for themselves:
- graphic designers
- web designers
- interior designers
- lifestyle coaches
- wellness coaches
- yogis and foodies
- writers and bloggers
- creative consultants
But most of all, you want to share and show up as who you are.
If you’re one of these creatives, you don’t entirely draw the line between work and life, and you like it that way. You
have a point of view you want to get out there, and you want to attract the kind of clients you feel good about helping,
clients who trust and respect the work you’re putting out into the world.
You’re not a big company here. This isn’t advertising.
This is packaging up what you stand for, in your own style, with your own words.
you’re a creative entrepreneur, branding your business means branding you.
You want your brand to:
- be more articulate
- reflect your true style and voice
- attract your dream clients
- move you and your business forward
- align your passion and talent with your career
- help you make what you’re doing worth it
But you struggle with:
- too many ideas and knowing which are the right ones
- balancing big-picture purpose with doing the work every day
- finding your voice
- thriving in the work/life overlap
- telling people how to really hire you and getting dreamy clients
- going from order taker to creative expert
- sticking with your own creative process (or starting to define one)
- turning your expertise into a next-level launch or product
WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO LEARN
The Braid Method Branding ECourse comes with two PDFs:
1. A 300+ page digital PDF with 7 learning modules
2. A workbook of over 20 branding exercises & scripts you can print and fill out
The seven lesson modules are:
1. Get Specific | Define Your Fears and Dreams
2. Your Personal Brand | Get You into What You Do
3. Your Creative Expertise | Narrow In on Your Specialty
4. Your Dream Customers | Make Them Real
5. Get Blended | Shape Your Brand Messages
6. Get It Out There | Share Your Gifts of Knowledge and Tell People How to Hire You
7. Keep the Dream Job Dreamy | How We Get Down to Business Behind the Scenes
After you take this course, you’ll be better equipped to:
- carve out a creative expertise for yourself
- speak more clearly about that expertise and explain how to hire you
- gauge whether a client is a fit, and when to say “no”
- experiment with an offering
- show more of your personality in your business (instead of pretending to be some version of what you think others see as
- share what you know (tips, advice, inspiration, etc.) in conversations and online
Yes, your brand is your business name, logo, colors, design, photos, website, and maybe a blog.
But a brand also sets the tone and intention for what you choose to write, share, show,
and say about your business. It can be the hardest part of branding yourself.
So this is what The Braid ECourse helps you do.
HOW IT WORKS
1. You purchase the Braid ECourse
2. You’ll receive an email with a link to download the 300+ pg ECourse + Workbook PDFs
3. You’ll get a link to join our exclusive Facebook group with other students
4. Plan to carve out 1-2 hours per lesson over a couple weeks, but you can complete at your own pace.
5. Before you get started print off your 20+ worksheets so you can fill them out by hand as you go!
6. You will always have access to your ECourse content!
7. Plus, you get to join in on quarterly masterclass calls with Tara & Kathleen where they'll answer your questions and give you extra face-to-face guidance
Do this ecourse at your own pace.
We recommend spreading the lessons out over a week or more, devoting an hour or two each time to a single lesson, and filling out the
worksheets as you go. In the ecourse we’ve even mapped out a schedule you could follow – or you can complete
the course at your own pace, whatever works best for you. And because you download the course straight to your desktop it will always be
available for you to revisit.
The real magic of this course is in the worksheets.
This Braid ECourse is structured in read-along style, with images and worksheets peppered in. While this course is digital, the worksheets
are all about getting your thoughts on paper. So we are going to encourage you to print them out (print out a few extra for good measure!),
find your favorite pen, and fill them out by hand.
The worksheets are where the real work of this course are, and where you’ll get the Braid Method experience of sorting your ideas into compartments
or ingredients before you weave them all back together again at the end!
We also include FAQs and a roundup of key takeaways at the end of each lesson, as a helpful reminder and recap of what we’ve covered.
In the course, you’ll start to see:
- the fears and dreams that come with taking this next step for yourself
- the layers of your personal and professional style
- the experiences and knowledge that make you a creative expert
- the characteristics of your dream client
- the ways all those threads can be woven together
- the ways you can share your gifts of knowledge
- your business and your brand are personal
Then we’ll show you how to turn those ingredients into a blended-together vision that includes:
• a positioning statement that says what you do in a nutshell
• a brand story that layers in your personality and purpose
• how-to-hire-me and what-to-expect messaging
• the beginnings of a more step-by-step creative process that you can share with your clients
• so you can start using these brand messages on all your "brand places"
• so your website, brand materials, social media, and conversations finally feel like you
The Braid Method Branding ECourse for Creative Entrepreneurs:
• 7 self-guided branding & business visioning lesson modules in a 300+ page book
• A branding workbook with over 20 branding exercises & scripts
• Access to an exclusive Facebook group just for Braid Method ECourse students
where you can ask questions, share feedback and
insights, and brainstorm and connect with likeminded creatives.
• A quarterly masterclass call with Tara & Kathleen for extra branding guidance
A $229 investment
We don’t take the cost of this ECourse lightly. $229 dollars is a lot of money – but what you’re really investing is the time and energy it
will take to level-up your brand and business vision. My hope for you is that you will make a hundredfold return on your investment this
year. It’s totally doable (and then some), if you do the work.
If you’re not quite ready, that’s okay too;
The Braid Method ECourse will be here for you when you are.
In the meantime you might check out our Braid Blog, our exclusive newsletter for creatives, our Being Boss podcast, or Kathleen’s DIY Coaching
for Creatives for those who need more courage and work / life guidance before making the big vision and branding leap.
Thousands of creative entrepreneurs and aspiring-to-be’s have taken our Braid ECourse. Here’s what just a few of them have said about the experience:
“You guys are blowing my mind. Each lesson is packed with such motivating information. Its like you were in my head when you came up with this ecourse, and are hitting on all the stuff I needed to hear. The Braid ECourse has been like a retreat, and I feel like I am going to come out totally refreshed. Thank you!”
“Hi Kathleen and Tara, just wanted to say thank you for this course! I loved doing all the worksheets. I feel like I have a lot to think about still as this course ends, but I also feel armed with tools to take action right away and move forward with my business from a much more empowered and defined place.”
“THANK YOU! During the last few days, I have learned so much about myself and have gained the confidence I need to continue to create my personal brand and develop my blog content. This is a great course, and I really appreciate all the encouragement and insight you’ve given. I’ve learned from all of it.”
“What I loved about this Braid ECourse was that taking it was like going to brand therapy! I loved how you both made me see AND understand the influence, importance and power I have as a person over every aspect of my creative business.”
“Just wanted to say thank you guys, you have definitely found another fan in me. The worksheets as well as your openness, honesty and inspiration is exactly what I needed to refocus my energy and help me see I am an expert and have the knowledge to do what I want to do, and just as importantly how I want to do.”
Questions or Technical Issues?
Email Emily@braidcreative.com if you have any questions.
I’ve taken a Braid ECourse in the past – how is this one different?
First, we’ve combined all of our best content from all three of our previous Braid ECourses and added four more modules to the course.
Yes, you will see some of the same content before but we’ve added so much more. Plus, now you can download the course straight to your
desktop so there is no time limit on when you can complete it – it is always available to you. And finally, we’re now offering a Facebook
group to our students where you can connect with us and each other to really cultivate your creative pack (that alone is worth the price.)
“I still work a day job / I’m not technically ‘creative’ / I think I may not be a fit?”
Is the Braid ECourse for me?
Most likely. Read this or try our free sample to see if it’s a fit by signing up here.
I’m having technical problems!
- my payment isn’t going through
- I’ve paid and I’m not able to download the ecourse
- I am confused!
Email email@example.com and she’ll take care of you!
My discount code isn’t working!
Since combining all of our Braid ECourses into one mother of an ecourse we no longer offer a discount but instead have priced our ecourse
at what we think is fair. P.S. Pricing your product and/or services is hard, right!? We talk about this very topic in our Braid Method
Facebook group that you get access to when you buy our ecourse.
To access the online ECourses, you must attest that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions contained in this ECourse Terms and
Conditions Agreement. The term "course" includes the ECourse Web pages, courses and all associated materials. Read this ECourse Terms and Conditions
Agreement carefully. Read more >